Saturday 9 June 2012

Jubilee in St Bees

Before the Jubilee celebrations fade into memory, I thought I'd post some images from the Jubilee flower festival and exhibition at The Priory Church of St Mary and St Bega, in St Bees, Cumbria. I've posted pictures before of work there, made by the Priory Embroidery Group.


There were displays from many organisations connected with the church and the village and lovely flower arrangements; I'm just posting the 'stitchy bits'.


First, the display by the St Bees Craft Circle, an informal group who meet in the village to share ideas and skills, and enjoy each others' company.




An assortment of projects 




Cutwork pincushions







Anything but subtle, but, then it was the Jubilee!


The star of our show........ Leonie's knitted Queen, accompanied by her patriotic red, white and blue dogs!


Pictures of work done by the Embroidery group deserve a post of their own! They will get one, next time.


And soon, I hope to be posting pictures of work by Keswick EG members, who, as I speak, are busy getting work ready for our exhibition in July. (You are, aren't you?)









No comments:

Post a Comment