Sunday 1 April 2012

FES 2012 Final instalment!

It's over a week now, since the Fashion Embroidery and stitch Show 2012, and I have the final lot of pictures here...................

One of the things I like about this show, is that the workshops are free.  This means, of course, that you only get the chance to join one of the very popular sessions if you are there really early on that particular day. I was fortunate enough to get my name down for a place on Kim Thittichai's workshop, using old newspapers, bondaweb, and assorted glitters to make jewellery.It was great to be able to sit down and transform these unlikely materials into what will eventually be brooches/cards/whatever.

Kim is an excellent tutor, and given the short time we had, everyone came away with a  good little bag of bits that just need to be finished off, a brooch back added, etc. Here are my 'bits', ready for the final stages....


They were cut using a Sissix 'Bigshot' machine.

I always like to look at the W.I. stand, at their textile ideas, and was, as ever, impressed with the quilts made from their easy instructions..............



 

And, the work on show from The University of Cumbria 's talented students.........................





Finally, a glimpse at my 'loot'.....some planned, some not, some freebies, mostly not, some already given away as gifts, (well, one item), lots ready for future projects.....




Click on pictures to see in more detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment