Saturday 28 May 2011

Chelsea Flower Show






Excuse my self-indulgence........ This post has little to do with Keswick Embroiderers, and only the slightest hint of a link with stitching.............. I went to Chelsea this week, and thought I'd share a picture or two, taken whilst sheltering from torrential rain, thunder and lightning, and HAILSTONES! I thought these creations were very clever. Designers made jockey's 'silks' using flowers and plants. They could almost have been embroideries!

I was also pleased to see Alison Holt at her stand . She had some of her lovely machine embroidered landscapes for sale. (Out of my price-range, sadly!) But it was good to see the work I've admired in her books, and DVD.

Gardens that could become stitched pictures..........





And especially this one....................




and this...................


Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment