Monday 28 June 2010

Woolfest 2010 /Keswick Embroiderers' Exhibition

I met up with lots of Guild members and other friends at Woolfest this weekend, and caught glimpses of several others in the distance! I went both days, and managed to find plenty of things on Saturday that I'd missed on Friday. It was a lovely show, and I came away with bagsful of goodies, and ideas. I think  I was more realistic this year about what I'd actually use, but still managed to have all kinds of purchases to enjoy all over again when I got home and unpacked them. The attendance seemed to be good............ I hope that all the stallholders felt it worth coming, because it really is wonderful to have this show here, so close by.

Among my favourite buys were a little felt doll from Diane Gaffney's stall, where I was also seriously tempted by the batik fabrics, and two of Jackie Cardy's beautiful felt and velvet embroidered brooches, which I have seen  on her blog. (http://www.dogdaisychains.blogspot.com/)   Her felt vessels were lovely too. Otherwise, my buys were supplies of threads and fabric.

 I'm sure , if you went, you enjoyed it, and if you didn't, look out for Woolfest 2011.

Our Exhibition is the next Big Thing for us! It may not be on the same grand scale as Woolfest, but will show the kinds of things we do, and the results of  workshops over the last two years or so. We're hoping for a good response at The Moot Hall on Friday.  Refreshments will be served!  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment